Trauma ScreenTIME Course Overview Video
Watch a brief three-minute video about the Trauma ScreenTIME Core Course.
About the Trauma ScreenTIME courses:
The Trauma ScreenTIME Core Course and Trauma ScreenTIME Schools Course are currently available. Both courses were developed by CHDI in collaboration with national experts based on current research and best practices.
The ScreenTIME Core Course is appropriate for staff working with children and youth across child-serving systems and settings, including pediatric primary care, early childhood, juvenile justice, child welfare, and behavioral health; while the ScreenTIME Schools Course is appropriate for staff in school settings.
The ScreenTIME courses provider learners with the knowledge they need to effectively screen children for trauma and connect families with their preferred supports and services to help children recover from the effects of trauma exposure.
Topics covered in the ScreenTIME core course include:
- The importance of screening for trauma and traumatic stress
- Common questions about trauma screening
- Developing a screening process for your program
- Selecting a screening measure
- Best practices when conducting screening with a child and family
- Using the results of screening to help children and families
ScreenTIME is currently available at no cost to child-serving professionals. Additionally, continuing education credits are available.
To take a ScreenTIME course visit: https://www.traumascreentime.org
Learn more about CHDI's Trauma ScreenTIME initiative.