This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for this website, CHDI.org. CHDI.org is owned and managed by the Child Health and Development Institute (CHDI), an independent non-profit organization based in Farmington, Connecticut. CHDI.org is committed to protecting the privacy and accuracy of information to the extent possible, subject to provisions of state and federal law.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
We collect information that you voluntarily give us via email, website forms, or other direct contacts from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone. We will use your information to respond to you regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information other than as necessary to fulfill your request or as subject to state or federal law.
This website uses Google Analytics to help analyze how visitors use the site. Google Analytics uses “cookies,” which are text files placed on your computer, to collect standard internet log information and visitor behavior information in an anonymous form. The anonymous information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) is transmitted to Google. This information is then used to evaluate visitors’ use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity for CHDI.org.
We will never use Google Analytics to track or to collect any personally identifiable information. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. Neither we nor Google will link, or seek to link, an IP address with the identity of a computer user. We will not associate any data gathered from this site with any personally identifiable information from any source, unless you explicitly submit that information via a fill-in form on our website.
This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
CHDI.org has Join Email List and Contact Us forms users may choose to fill out and submit on the website. These forms are completely voluntary and you may choose whether or not to disclose personal information, such as name, Company, and comments. Email addresses collected through the Join Email List form will be used to send emails from CHDI, including CHDI’s newsletter, publications, and relevant resources and updates on CHDI and children’s behavioral health issues. Email addresses and other personal information collected by CHDI and CHDI.org will not be sold or shared with third parties.
CHDI.org website users can choose to click on the Donate button to donate CHDI through PayPal (view PayPal policies). Information collected by PayPal and shared with CHDI from PayPal such as name, address, and amount of donation will not be used, shared, or disclosed for purposes other than to fulfill the donation request.
CHDI.org requires users interested in downloading the Child Trauma Screen (CTS) to complete a survey asking how they intend to use the CTS, how they heard of the CTS, and personal information such as their name, organization, title/role, email, country, and state. Information collected through the CTS survey may be used by CHDI for research and to inform survey participants about updates to the CTS or share relevant resources about childhood trauma. Information collected will not be sold or shared with third parties.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt-out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via our Contact Us form or emails given below:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
The terms ‘Child Health and Development Institute,’ ‘CHDI, ‘CHDI.org, ‘us’ or ‘we’ refer to the owner of the website. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness, or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material that is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, photos, appearance, and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced on this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorized use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offense.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without CHDI’s prior written consent.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website are subject to the laws of the United States of America.
All materials contained on this site are protected by the United States copyright law and may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, displayed, published, or broadcast without prior permission of CHDI. You may not alter or remove any trademark, copyright, or other notice from materials contained within this site.
You may download content, pages, and downloadable materials from this website for non-commercial use only.