USING DATA TO IMPROVE THE QUALITY OF CARE
Evidence-based practices (EBPs) are treatments that research has shown to be highly effective. Efforts are being made to increase access to EBPs for children with behavioral health concerns in Connecticut and nationally to improve the quality of care children receive. Ensuring that EBPs are working in real-world settings requires that results are measured and reported, and that clinicians receive feedback about their clients’ progress. CHDI helped develop a measurement feedback and monitoring system to ensure EBPs are working as intended.
CHDI’s Evidence-Based Practice Tracker (EBP Tracker) is a secure online data system to measure and report on children’s mental health treatment outcomes. EBP Tracker supports clinicians who provide EBPs for children and improves the quality of care children receive. More than 30 agencies and over 300 clinicians currently use EBP Tracker in Connecticut.
Data from EBP Tracker show that children receiving evidence-based practices demonstrate significant improvements in symptoms and functioning.
EBP Tracker currently supports the following children’s behavioral health treatments:
- Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT)
- Cognitive Behavioral Intervention for Trauma in Schools (CBITS)
- Bounce Back
- Modular Approach to Therapy for Children with Anxiety, Depression, Trauma, or Conduct Problems (MATCH-ADTC)
- Attachment, Self-Regulation, and Competency (ARC): Coming in 2017
CHDI developed EBP Tracker in consultation with model developers and trainers and with KJMB Solutions, LLC (the software developer) through funding from the Connecticut Department of Children and Families.
Benefits of EBP Tracker include:
- A searchable public directory of evidence-based practice providers: https://tinyurl.com/ebpsearch/
- Simple, HIPAA-secure platform to support multiple EBPs in one system
- Clinicians can track all children receiving supported EBPs, including standardized assessments, clinical components/fidelity, progress, and outcomes
Administering Measures: Clinicians can enter assessment measures directly into EBP Tracker.
- Automated scoring and graphing of standardized assessment measures
Assessment Results: Clinicians receive instant feedback about assessment measures, including trends over time and interpretation guidelines.
- Client, clinician, and agency level reports about children served, quality indicators, fidelity, and outcomes
Agency leaders can view real-time reports about their agency's performance on an EBP for the entire agency or a single clinician.
For more information about EBP Tracker, contact Kellie Randall (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Jason Lang (email@example.com).