Trauma ScreenTIME Schools Course
The Trauma ScreenTIME Schools Course is an online training course on how to screen children for trauma in schools. This training was developed by the Child Health and Development Institute in collaboration with national experts based on current research and best practices.
The ScreenTIME Schools Course provides staff working with children and youth in schools the knowledge to effectively screen children for trauma and connect families with their preferred supports and services to help children recover from the effects of trauma exposure.
Topics covered in the ScreenTIME Schools Course include:
- The importance of screening for trauma and traumatic stress
- Common questions about trauma screening
- Developing a screening process for your school
- Selecting a screening measure
- Best practices when conducting screening with a child and family
- Using the results of screening to help children and families
The ScreenTIME Schools Course is currently available at no cost to child-serving professionals. Additionally, continuing education credits are available.