Trauma ScreenTIME Course is Now Available (2022)
A Training Course on How to Screen Children for Trauma
Trauma ScreenTIME is an online training course on how to screen children for trauma. The training was developed by CHDI in collaboration with families and national experts based on best practices. The ScreenTIME course provides staff working with children and youth the knowledge to effectively screen children for trauma and connect families with their preferred supports and services to help children recover from the effects of trauma exposure.
Topics covered include:
- The importance of screening for trauma and traumatic stress
- Common questions about trauma screening
- Developing a screening process for your program
- Selecting a screening measure
- Best practices when conducting screening with a child and family
- Using the results of screening to help children and families
The ScreenTIME course is available at no cost to child-serving professionals. Additionally, continuing education credits are available. To take the course visit: www.traumascreentime.org.
View a brief three-minute course overview video.
View the infographic: Helping Children Who Experience Trauma: The Role of Trauma Screening.
Trauma ScreenTIME is part of the National Child Traumatic Stress Network (NCTSN) and is funded through a five-year federal SAMHSA grant to CHDI. Learn more.